Monday 23 November 2015

Improvements for Exhibit J!

GREG
Overall I think that our short film has lots of very good parts to it. I will not be talking about those in this post. I will be talking about what could've been improved for our sequence.

The first and main issue I have with our sequence is some of the audio. In the Reigate scene, there are two relatively big issues I feel need addressing. One is the ambient sound in the stabbing scene. You can hear the sound of a generator in this final scene. This annoys me because it cuts out too suddenly when J runs away after stabbing Neeson, and cuts back in on the sound of Neeson choking on blood. I don't like it because it makes this sequence seem quite cheap. The other issue comes right at the start of the Reigate scene, when Neeson enters the scene and walks into The Yard. Deadline limitations stopped me from being able to add footstep foleys in this scene, which makes the scene seem quite empty.


SOFIA
Although we have had some issues with the cast and the microphones, we carried on and worked effectively and professionally. Firstly, like Greg said, some of the Reigate scenes had some issues with the sound. As we were in a yard where work was taking place and there was a kitchen next to one of our scenes. We had a lack of control over the ambient sound so we had to record it anyway. A generator sound can be heard during the final scene as there is no dialogue as the Inspector is dead. However, we overcame this by improving our camera techniques and making sure we used different techniques in this scene to over power the sound issue.
In addition, we had a set time for filming our short film but many of the actors said they could not make it at the last minute which did frustrate me. I organised a different day that everyone could do on Facebook and explained that this is a very important project. Finally,  everyone turned up and we could film within two days at Reigate and Burgess Hill. On the last day, Kyle (the villain) and I went to Brighton to film some extra scenes. But, Callum or Greg did not attend as they had to leave so it was a challenge for only one person to film and hold the lights. I was happy with the scenes I filmed because they looked very effective and create a thrilling atmosphere. Here are some examples below.

No comments:

Post a Comment